Kalea's Learning Portfolio

KALEAS LEARNING PORTFOLIO

Week 1 reflection: An introduction

Photo by Kendal on Unsplash

Hello!

My name is Kalea (pronounced like Kaylee) and this is my first ever attempt at keeping up with a blog! To begin with total honesty, when I first spotted this required three-hour technology course, I was not particularly excited. I wasn’t sure exactly what I was expecting, but it was along the lines of hours of Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint lectures and quizzes. During our first class together, I was genuinely shocked at what our technology course was actually going to offer. First, the lack of pressure in regards to a final grade was extremely relieving. Ever since high-school, I have put a lot of pressure on myself to land in that final “A” range; my unfortunate conditioned idea of “success.” Just knowing that our grade will simply say “complete” will help me truly focus on my learning, rather than strive for that final perfect grade. Another surprise was being told our main project is a free-inquiry that can be taken in any direction we desire! At first, I was very intimidated by the idea of teaching myself and keeping track of it on this blog, but after more thinking and watching the “Most Likely to Succeed” film I now find it very exciting. I feel this project will be very beneficial in building a healthier lifestyle for myself, as I’ve chosen to explore the benefits of implementing yoga into my everyday life! Yoga has always been something I felt I didn’t have time for, but this inquiry has provided the perfect opportunity to finally tackle the challenge. To sum it up, I am beyond excited to be part of a class that has taken a step back from the standard curriculum, and that will challenge my current way of thinking! Thank you!:)