Kalea's Learning Portfolio

KALEAS LEARNING PORTFOLIO

My Go-To Starting Routine and Playlist

Playlist

Screenshot of my Current Yoga Playlist from my Apple Music Account

This is just a small sample of the type of music I like to listen to while I practice my yoga! Most are instrumental (some have a few words) but still have a story in them! I used to use some of these songs during my study sessions, but they work great for yoga as well! A link to preview this playlist can be found here!

Warm-Up Moves/Routine:

These are the moves that I use to stretch/ warm-up whenever I practice! All of these poses (except downward dog) are further explained and broken down on my blog post “getting the hang of things” and are found on the Yoga Journal’s “poses” section! I find these poses really help me stretch out my neck and spine, which help me feel refreshed and relaxed in both the morning and at night! I usually do them in the order pictured and repeat until I feel ready to go!

Summary

This week I took a break from researching new poses and decided to create a small playlist and work on my favourite poses instead! Since I started listening to music when practicing, I’ve noticed that it’s easier to focus on my body instead of being all stuck in my head! I highly recommend incorporating music if you practice yoga; it really takes your mindfulness to the next level and helps with emotional release!

Goals For Next Week

Next week I hope to add a few more poses to my repertoire and a few more songs to my playlist! I’ll definitely be including them on my next blog post to keep track of all my progress!

Sources

1. milangiesbrecht November 2, 2021

Hi Kalea!
    I was so excited when I saw this playlist! I have been looking for some new songs for yoga, stretching and relaxing! I will have to look into some of these. I think music is so powerful in the way it can inspire movement, guide your practice and calm the vibe. Thanks for the update!

2. matthewd November 7, 2021

Hi Kalea.
    It’s so important when doing these relaxing exercises to have on good music that you not only enjoy, but relaxes you too! Good choices, keep on enjoying your yoga!